With the arrival of October 1st, what better way to celebrate than baking with pumpkin? I’ll admit it; I make pumpkin goods all year long. But something about that pumpkin smell in October just feels more cozy.
Here is a recipe that I love to make for breakfast. I make it on Saturday or Sunday morning then have muffins for breakfast the next few days! It’s a fast and tasty way to start busy weekdays.
This recipe makes 12 muffins. Feel free to mix up any of these ingredients. You could add raisins or walnuts, use almond flour, add chocolate chips. Whatever floats your boat!! Experiment and have fun. 🙂
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup pumpkin (I typically use one can)
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup apple juice
- (optional) ½ cup chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Spray 12 standard muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray, or you can use muffin pan liners.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Stir in pumpkin, oil, honey, and apple juice until well-blended.
- Add your optional ingredients – raisins, nuts, chocolate chips.
- Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups. I like to sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of the muffins.
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove to wire rack to cool.
I hope you enjoy this recipe of pumpkin goodness! As always, please share your results and the yummy combinations you discover!